Monday, August 25, 2008

End of Summer...

This was the last official weekend of summer (for Kevin at least), where school starts on Wednesday. so we decided to take the kids to Santa's Village waaaaay up in Jefferson NH. 2.5 hours there, 2.5 hours back.
Mike had the brilliant idea to take his small, 2 door commuter car, where it's so cheap on gas. I wasn't thrilled with the idea, but he figured it'd take a 1/2 a tank in the van (12.5ish gallons) or a half a tank in the little car (4ish gallons). So, being the mathematician I am, I figured out that 4 is much smaller than 12.5, and we took the small commuter car.
now. in the van, Kevin and Nick are in the middle and Cameron is in the way back. Kevin used to be in the way back too, buuuut, that didn't work out so well. Cameron is much better by himself in the back.
Mike's little car doesn't have a way back....that was strike one. the 2.5 hour car ride was strike 2. the "we're so tired from having so much fun and we were in the sun all day" crankiness was strike 3. the ride up wasn't so bad.
we had so much fun! they played Christmas music, and all the rides and stuff are all Santa themed. Santa is even there for pictures. we saw reindeer and elves. mike and Kevin went on the ferris wheel, we all went on the flying sleighs. mike went on the flume ride by himself, and mike Kevin and Cameron went on the roller coaster. we saw shows, and did the Elfabet hunt. it was such a nice way to end the summer.































I was very sad to see that a few trees up in the mountains have leaves that are starting to change already. doesn't seem like it's possible summer is over. I love fall....but loathe winter.

2 comments:

Jenny B said...

Looks like so much fun!! Glad you got one more weekend in before school starts.

I know my 3 fight like cats and dogs when they have to sit next to each other in the car. I can't imagine a 2.5 car ride anywhere with them.

Anonymous said...

I remember having to put my 3 boys in our car! Ugh. Thats why I traded it in for a minivan in April. :)

Summer is over here too. They started school yesterday.