Monday, August 18, 2008

Old at 27

So my 10 year high school reunion is next year. My class president has already set up a facebook group about it, and everything. I knew it was coming. But hooooly crap I cant believe its already time for that! I don't want to be old enough for that. I'm really not 17 anymore. (and yes I realize I have 3 children and a husband, and I also realize I haven't been 17 for 10 years :,( ) I'm having a hard time as I get closer to 30. I need a pause button please! And ironically, the day after I joined the 10 year reunion group thing, I threw out my back! Are you kidding me? I bent down, to pick up Nick's diaper bag, it was laying on it's side, and my back went out. It took all the rest of the night for me to be comfortable with the ache in my lower back. And this morning, I can still feel it. Apparently, according to my mom, I should start some kind of skin care regimen to ward off wrinkles too. I'm "at that age". Way to kick me while I'm down Ma.
I'm preparing myself for a raging mid-life crisis, cause I'm sure it'll be BIG. Poor Mike.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Awwww, Sara, I'm feeling that way myself these days but I'm ancient at 35! The OB nurse started going on and on about "advanced maternal age" and I thought I was going to cry. :-(

The Author said...

I've passed my 20 year reunion. Either I am in some sort of subliminal denial or I'm just off in my perception of time passing but I feel as if there is NO WAY it has been over 20 years since I graduated... Two decades... time and its passage mystifies me!

Lisa said...

Okay so the skin care was just a thought!!! lol