Thursday, August 28, 2008

1st grade.

I remember starting 1st grade. No big deal. I was excited, being at school all day is awesome when you're 6! Riding the bus, having lunch at school! Being with your friends all day!

What I didn't know, was that my mom was home, sad and missing me. Probably wondering where the hell the time went, and wasn't she just in 1st grade?!

Well. Now I'm at home, sad and missing my boy, wondering how the hell he got old enough to be a 1st grader!!



He decided he'd ride the bus instead of me taking him on the first day. So I met the bus at the school (which I also have pictures of, but I didn't want to bore you with those..).
He has a locker, which is adorable. All my worries were gone as soon as Evan said "Hi Kevin". (he's in the orange shirt, up above) They're apparently, best friends now.
He got a sticker on the first day, for listening and behaving! And could. not. wait to go back today.
Yesterday my mother in law watched Cameron and Nick, so Mike and I could go with Kevin. So today, Cameron had to watch Kevin get on the bus. And not only Kevin, but Shannon (Cameron's best friend, who started kindergarten this year). He cried. I mean seriously, your big brother and best friend get on the bus, while you have to hang out with mom and your baby brother (not to mention your cousin, who you cant stand) all day? I'd have cried too. He cant wait to start back to school on the 8Th.

3 comments:

The Author said...

I remember my first day of school vividly. I think of my son's first day often; I may home school so I am not sure when it will be, if it ever is! Those photos are adorable!

Christy said...

Awww, that made me cry! I'm glad he is liking it.

Lisa said...

Here's a real twist for you, how would you like to be looking back wondering when your baby got old enough to have her own family and how did your oldest Grandson grow up right before your Eyes!! Always enjoy life, everything you do makes a memory!!!